Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jesus the Christ




So the other day I was sitting at my study desk, with about ten minutes left between breakfast and personal study. I really like that time; I use it to do a lot of reflection, just ten minutes or so of soul searching/prayer. On this particular day, I was studying the picture of Christ by Del Parson. I had seen this painting since my infancy, but for some reason, on this day it caught my attention in a different way. Comfort and love flooded my heart, at just a glance into His face. I decided to write down the things that I noticed: An expression of infinite majesty, celestial glory, and kingly authority; simultaneously, it is an expression of infinite love, celestial charity, and a servant's humility. I see a resolved and firm jaw, piercing eyes filled with wisdom and revelation, and lips that would utter nothing but phrases of righteousness, while inviting all of us, His brothers and sisters, to follow Him. I see shoulders that can, and indeed did, bear the weight of the whole world. I see a beard and head of hair that is unpretentious and very simple, yet well-kept, neat, and clean. Likewise, His clothing is plain and unprepossessing. His neck is unyielding, completely controlled by His perfect spirit, always directing His eyes in a focused gaze towards eternal goals. And about His entire appearance is an atmosphere of faith, hope, charity, love, virtue, knowledge, patience, temperance, Brotherly kindness, godliness, humility, and diligence. He is my Savior. I love Him. I cannot wait for the day that He will come again, when I will be able to see Him as He is. An artist's representation will do for now, but I can only imagine how glorious and magnificent He will be, when His glorious light floods my eyes and reveals the image of my Lord and Master. I hope to be worthy to be there in His presence. In the meantime, I'm gonna go study from Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment